Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Oprah & Aniston Mock Wedding Reports



Oprah Winfrey invited pal Jennifer Aniston to call into her TV show recently so the pair could address incorrect rumors the media mogul was planning to stage the actress' nuptials at her California estate. The stars mocked reports about an $8 million reception, which Winfrey was planning to stage at her exclusive Santa Barbara County home, complete with performances by cellist Yo-Yo Ma and Coldplay. Aniston, whose telephone chat with Winfrey aired on TV yesterday, said, "It sounds like you're giving me Santa Barbara." Aniston also poked fun at press reports that she's desperately house hunting with boyfriend Vince Vaughn, adding, "I'm really good, I've got my house." Winfrey also used the show to ridicule reports she has split from longtime boyfriend Steadman Graham. The media queen insists one US tabloid took the story too far when they got hold of photos of Winfrey dropping her beau off at the airport. She mocked, "The photo they have, I was asking him, 'Are you sure you have your ticket?' but it said I was very angry that 'the tension between us could be felt by everyone in the vicinity.'" She reassured fans, "If we ever do (break-up) I promise, I promise the night it happens, if it ever happens, I will come on TV the next day and tell you."

Source

|