Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Denise Richards Speaks Out



In an EXCLUSIVE interview with TMZ’s Managing Editor Harvey Levin, Denise Richards speaks out and on the record about Charlie Sheen, Heather Locklear and her new romance with rocker Richie Sambora.

EXCERPTS FROM RICHARDS’ INTERVIEW WITH TMZ:

 Re: HOW SHE’S DOING
Denise: “Um I’m actually doing okay.  Anyone that’s been through a divorce knows that it’s difficult. I’m trying to just really focus on my girls.”

Re: CHARLIE’S DENIAL OF HER ALLEGATIONS
Denise: “I think why people are so surprised by my declaration is that I never publicly revealed why I filed for divorce in the first place and I was very, very private and even when we tried to reconcile I was very private about that.  You know it’s extremely unfortunate that it’s gotten to this point, it’s very sad and all I can say is I did my declaration under oath.”

Re: HEATHER LOCKLEAR’S REPORTED REACTION TO HER RELATIONSHIP RICHIE SAMBORA
Denise: “Well I wish Heather well and happiness and it’s really unfortunate that it’s gotten to this point and Heather knows why we aren’t friends… I don’t want to get into all of that, but I wish her well and she knows that there was nothing that happened during either marriage and unfortunately our friendship had to dissolve.”

Re: ON WHETHER PUBLIC STATEMENTS MADE ABOUT HER ARE A BETRAYAL
Denise: “Yeah. I think any time…even David Spade saying stuff and you know whoever else that has gotten back to me saying things, it is a betrayal because a lot of it isn’t true and they know that and that’s what’s hard.  But you know I have to try and just stay focused on my kids and forget that part of it- as difficult as it is- and just focus on my children and getting through this, this really bad time.”

To view the entire interview, please Click Here
|