Thursday, August 10, 2006

Shanna Devastated over Split!



After her husband, Travis Barker, filed for divorce on Monday, Shanna Moakler is telling fans she still believes in "the power of love" but is "heartbroken over the demise of my marriage." In a message posted on her MySpace.com blog on Tuesday, where she lists her "current mood" as "disappointed," the former Miss USA writes:

"I can only say thank you to all those who have sent such touching letters, well wishes and prayers. I am very devastated and very much heartbroken over the demise of my marriage and for the upset of my family." (The message's authenticity was confirmed by Moakler's publicist.) "I wanted nothing more (than) to overcome the challenges we faced but failed. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and I have complete faith in the heavens … I can honestly say I have been truly blessed with great family and friends and of course my children who are the main focus of my concern. "I still very much believe in the power of love … I look back with no regrets and feel blessed for my experience and look forward with an open mind … I am very sad but it is remarkable to see the outpouring of support I have been offered … again thank you for all your letters and kind words. In this time please know I do read your letters but I am sorry if I can't respond.
shannaxoxo

Moakler, 31, and Barker, 30, who costarred in the MTV reality series Meet the Barkers, would have celebrated their two-year anniversary on Oct. 30.

Source
|