Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Carmen Electra “I Just Want to Be Alone For Awhile”



Carmen Electra -- looking stunning in a frock by David Meister -- at the Conde Nast Traveler Awards at NYC's American Museum of Natural History on October 16.

  After splitting from husband Dave Navarro in July, the 34-year-old actress has been surprisingly candid about the break-up. She talked to Us about why she (unlike Nick Lachey) doesn't regret the decision to chronicle her marriage on a reality show, and whether or not she and her ex still talk. She also chatted about signing on as a spokeswoman for a diet pill and her new book, How to be Sexy, due out next year.

  What is it like being single again?
It’s been fun because I’ve had more time to hang out with my friends. I think sometimes when you’re in relationships you don’t really have the time because you’re working and then your focus is on your boyfriend or your husband. A lot of times we sort of push our friends to the side a little bit, which I think is a natural thing. It’s just nice to reconnect and do fun stuff and have sleepovers, dancing, fun girl stuff.

  Is there anyone you have your eye on?
No. I’m not looking. I just want to be alone for awhile. But it’s scary you know? And you feel lonely, you want to grab onto something, but then you’re not really dealing with the experience. You’re just looking for a distraction. I want to feel the experience. I want to feel present.

  How do you feel the MTV show Carmen + Dave: Till Death Do Us Part impacted your relationship with Dave?
Dave and I have actually sat down and talked about it because people do ask us that question a lot. And we don’t regret having our show on MTV. We love MTV. It was an experience, and we’ll have that experience forever. We have it documented.

  Do you and Dave still talk?
We’re still really good friends. I don’t regret it. You don’t know why you choose to do things sometimes, but it’s all part of the bigger plan and you just kind of go with it. Not everything always works out, but we’re still friends. That’s all that matters.

  Source

|