Friday, December 15, 2006

Lane regrets sending email about her night with Vince Vaughn

In an interview with the Express-News Tuesday, Lane, a 20-year-old Trinity University junior said she has no regrets about having spent a night with Vince Vaughn, a dalliance that reportedly led to his break-up with Jennifer Aniston.

But Lane said what she is remorseful about is sending a detailed e-mail to friends describing her time with the actor in a Budapest hotel room. The e-mail later found its way to the pages of the tabloid magazine the Star.

“It was an innocent night of meeting a celebrity,” Lane said by phone from Rome about her one-night encounter that occurred in late November. “The experience itself is not what I am wanting to change because nothing happened,” she emphasized. “I was star struck. I didn't do anything that hurt anybody else.”

It's been days since news about Lane's tryst with Vaughn broke in the mainstream media. Bloggers soon joined in and others posted messages on bulletin boards. Lane said she has avoided looking up blog sites and reading what other people are writing about her. “I've just decided to ignore the whole thing.”

She realizes, too, that she is a victim of her own doing, because the e-mail she sent was sold to the Star. She says she's heard rumors that the tabloid paid $9,000 for the e-mail. She doesn't know who sold it, but “I don't doubt that somebody profited from this.”

If not for that e-mail, perhaps no one would have ever known about the evening when the co-ed met Vaughn at a restaurant, shared drinks with him and then returned to his hotel room, the one with a view of the Danube River and the Buda Castle. The two talked all night and smoked cigarettes but, she claims, they didn't have sex.

Has she heard from Vaughn since the story broke?

“He has contacted me and the conversation has been merely about the quickest way to make this go away,” she said. “He said that ‘you have to take the tabloids for what they are.' ”

She said that both the Star and National Inquirer magazines had contacted her “and made it clear to me that they would pay top dollar to get my statement.” She added that the Star “told me ‘we are going to run this story' with or without my permission. I took advice from publicists I know and they told me that ignoring it was the best way to control the situation.”

Source

|