Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Rachel McAdams & Ryan Gosling Hated Each Other

Not everyone is as limitlessly inspired by Canadian super couple Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling’s ultra-romantic romance as we are—in fact the relationship baffles the director of The Notebook, the film on which they met, because he was absolutely sure they couldn’t stand each other.

According to the World Entertainment News Network, director Nick Cassavetes is still surprised the two are dating given the initial on-set hostility he witnessed between the two stars. He says, “They hated each other. They didn't talk to each other. They had separate everything.

“I remember once there's about 100 people sitting around and they're doing a scene where they're talking. She (McAdams) walks in and Ryan says, ‘Where have you been? It's so good to see you.’

“He says to me, ‘Nick, come here. I'm not getting anything from her in the scene. Do you think you can bring somebody else in for my off-camera shot?’ I said, ‘I'm not gonna do that.’

“I gave them five minutes and they warred and had a big screaming match. And now they're dating? You know there's that old adage, a thin line between love and hate.”

Except when it comes to your film, sir, except when it comes to your film. Source
|