Saturday, February 17, 2007

Ryan's Daughter Helps Him Through the Divorce with Reese

In his first interview since his split from actress Reese Witherspoon over four months ago, Breach star Ryan Phillippe is speaking out on The Ellen DeGeneres Show about the end of his seven-year marriage and how he's dealt with the pain.

"It’s devastating," Phiippe tells DeGeneres on an episode airing Friday. "But the bottom line is the focus is on the children and they’re doing amazingly well and that is really all that matters."

Phillippe, who has continued to work since the split, says he owes all his strength to one woman and one woman only: his daughter Ava.

"As difficult as it is, my daughter has been the inspiration — she has, my 7 year old daughter is Ava yeah, she is beyond, in terms of like conscientiousness and maturity, and she has gotten me thru this...I know it sounds pathetic, I’m a 32-year-old guy, but my 7-year-old daughter is getting me thru the toughest time in my life, and that’s beautiful too."

Labels:

|