Thursday, March 08, 2007

Star Jones Has a New Gig on Court TV



Star Jones Reynolds is returning to TV – with her own talk show. After her famous exit from The View in June, the former prosecutor will host a daily show on Court TV that is expected to launch this summer. "For me to come and bring my unique perspective as a talk-show host and a lawyer, and make that user-friendly for the viewer, I could not ask for a better place," Reynolds, 44, says.

The show, which has not yet been named, will connect the worlds of criminal justice with pop culture, the cable network said Wednesday. For Reynolds, it's a homecoming: She began her TV career as a legal commentator on Court TV in 1991 before joining ABC's The View when it started in 1997. "It's a new chapter," says Reynolds, "but it's wonderful that it's come full circle."

Reynolds left The View when her contract was not renewed. She broke the news by first telling PEOPLE that she'd been fired. "I don't think I ever left television," Reynolds now says, "which is great, but now I get to return daily, and that's the thing that I've missed. And I think what I've missed more than anything is talking about subjects that people care about."

Of how that will influence her new show, she says, "Right now we're in this really unique place in our culture where law and justice, crime and punishment, politics and government, entertainment and pop culture have all converged. That's all we talk about now, if you think about [it]."

Source
|