Friday, April 20, 2007

Donald Trump is Hilarious



I've stayed out of this long enough, and for good reason. Up until now it's just been two incredibly obnoxious people exchanging insults, neither gaining any ground nor making their own argument progress past the schoolyard level. And it's still right around that same level, but now it's been done in leather. Nice.

Donald Trump, earning my respect for the first time ever, recently sent the black leather getup that O'Donnell wore in her film "Exit to Eden" (pictured above) to Barbara Walters to hang on the office wall at "The View." Well played, Mr. Trump.

The garment- described as "a bustier" and "a giant pair of panties"- was bought at a charity event by a fan, then framed and gifted to Trump. Trump, in turn, gifted it to Barbara Walters.

"I sent it to Barbara to hang in her office because I didn't want it in mine. It was funny, except that it was really gross. It's disgusting," Trump told Page Six. "I feel sorry for [Rosie's] wife. It can't be pleasant."

O'Donnell attempted to bring the entire ordeal up on "The View" on Monday, but was cut short by 307 year-old Walters. O'Donnell asked Walters, Joy Behar and Elizabeth Haselbeck: "You want to hear what a 61-year-old businessman did today? He sent Barbara . . ."

Walters stepped in with: "But this is for me to say. This was sent for me, it was not sent to you." O'Donnell: "Go ahead, you say it." Walters: "No, I don't want to." O'Donnell: "You don't want to?"

"I really do not want to stir up the whole Donald Trump thing again" finished Walters, leaving viewers wondering what they were talking about.

I can't pretend I've seen this movie. I vaguely remember the trailer, but that's where my expertise on this stops. I googled for the pictures expecting the worst, but for the first time in my life (and probably anyone's, for that matter) I'm about to defend Rosie O'Donnell. Now, as a "human being" I despise her. Not my cup o'tea, mkay? Conspiracy theorists are funny only until they are allowed access to a national audience. Then I take issue with them. Such is the case with Ro here. But honestly...she just doesn't look that bad in these pictures. I wouldn't stretch the word "good" that far, but she looks pretty much like the average woman might appear in this sort of getup. She looks to be about a size 10 or 12 here, which isn't really anything to point and laugh about. It's a bit above average, no? Being a goddess myself, I wouldn't know about these things. I was going somewhere with this...Oh, right. My verdict on this little gift from Trump is as follows: Much funnier than when I got caught calling a ten year old gay yesterday, not as funny as making the old lady receptionist cry because I yelled at her. A solid 7 for Donald, and a good excuse for one more pint of Haagen Dazs for Ro.

Source
|