Thursday, April 27, 2006

People' Magazine's World's Most Beautiful People



ANGELINA JOLIE
"She looks the most beautiful when she's in the field ñ natural, no makeup, nothing," says Wyclef Jean of the actress-activist, 30. Indeed, her beauty needs are decidedly practical: a dusting of powder, a few strokes of mascara, a dab of Vaseline on her world-famous lips and ñ voil‡! ñ she's ready to meet the president of Pakistan. "She wants to make a difference," says U.N. representative Guebre-Christos. "She does it with a lot of simplicity."

JESSICA ALBA
Her new movie is called Awake. Here's how Alba, 25, keeps that fresh vibe. Always wears: "Moisturizer." Barely wears: "Powder. I have kind of a round nose, and too much powder makes it look rounder." Washes hair: "Most days, unfortunately. I don't think it's good for your hair." Smells like: "Gardenia and candy."

ISAIAH WASHINGTON
Playing a doctor on Grey's Anatomy doesn't require taking the Hippocratic Oath. Still, Washington, 42, follows a "first do no harm" policy with personal grooming. No scruffy beards: "What woman in her right mind wants to be stuck by a dude with a bunch of bristly hairs?" No gnarly nails: "I get manicures and pedicures." No designer haircuts: "A trim once a week. As natural as possible ñ not too tapered or Jheri-curl juicy."

EVA LONGORIA

JAMES BLUNT

BEYONCE
To play the lead in the film adaptation of the Broadway smash Dreamgirls, Knowles, 24, subjected herself to bushy eyebrows and frumpy suits. The result: Total transformation ("Very not cute," she told reporters) ñ and a taste of what life might have been like if she hadn't been born beautiful. "To be honest," she said, "I feel people would have acknowledged my talent a lot more."

HEATHER LOCKLEAR
"Maybe 40 is the new 30," says TV's consummate California girl, 44. After splitting from husband Richie Sambora in February, the mom of daughter Ava, 8, just keeps getting hotter. So ñ the secret? Run, sun (strictly the fake variety) and fun. "I don't say, 'No more bread or pasta.' I just don't have five platefuls. I've always been a red-meat eater. I try to eat a little less and be aware."

TERRENCE HOWARD

DANICA PATRICK
In 2005 the 5'2" IndyCar Rookie of the Year, 24, led the Indianapolis 500 for 19 laps ñ a first for a female driver.

ZIYI ZHANG
Although her latest role in Memoirs of a Geisha required hours of heavy makeup, Zhang, 27, prefers a more minimal approach: "I like a natural and clean look. Having makeup on, I cannot recognize myself. It changes my feelings in my heart."

AVRIL LAVIGNE

BRANDON ROUTH
You know him from a year as Seth on One Life to Live and a guest spot on Will & Grace. But up next: leaping tall buildings to star with Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns, out in June. So, what about the costume? "I got used to the tights pretty fast," says Routh, 26. "And when you wear a cape, you glide and flow; you become regal. I'd recommend it."

RACHEL BILSON

NAVEEN ANDREWS
Looking like he's been stranded on an island for months doesn't come easily to Lost's Andrews, 37. He hates the required growth of stubble and laments his limited wardrobe. But at least his hair-care routine hasn't had to change: "I can go two or three weeks without washing it. If I wash it more, it tends to turn into Sly and the Family Stone."

NICOLE KIDMAN

Source: People.com
|