Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ryan Gosling talks about Rachel in new W magazine...



The whole article is really long but here's the bit on Rachel...

Gosling insists he had no idea they would become an item while they were filming. "We were together long before we were physically together," he says. "All I knew is that she was a force to be reckoned with. How was I going to reckon with it, I had no idea. She's not someone you can ever dismiss or put into any category. She's many things."

An elegant if sappy love story, The Notebook was a sleeper hit in the summer of 2004. Gosling and McAdams have never watched it together. Indeed, the movie is so swooningly romantic that if they did, in all likelihood they would have to break up. How could their real-life relationship ever live up to the grand gestures, the sexually charged arguments and the deep and constant confessions of true love?

"Yeah, every time I come home, Rachel screams, "'Why didn't you write me?'" Gosling jokes, citing a particularly wrenching scene from the tearjerker. "Every morning I put arrows outside her bed. And I build her a house every week." Still, he won't comment on engagement or marriage. "Ask her," he says, though when I suggest we call her to do just that, he quickly changes the subject to his reading habits.

Read more here... Ryan Gosling Fan Site

|