Monday, August 14, 2006

Barkers: Why they split?



No surprise last week when blink-182 drummer Travis Barker filed for divorce from his wife, former Miss USA Shanna Moakler. The couple, who star on MTV's "Meet the Barkers," have fought in public for months. One friend of Travis says he finally ended the marriage because "Shanna is never home . . . She parties every night, sleeps until 1 p.m. every day, and doesn't spend nearly enough time with the kids. And on top of that there have been rumors she hasn't been faithful. He's had it." Barker, via a rep, said, "I'm sad to say those allegations are true . . . My priority will remain my children." The couple have two kids together. But Moakler, via her rep, said: "I have been 100 percent faithful in my marriage and a devoted mother, two facts of which Travis is well aware. I still happen to be very much in love with Travis, and his using the media to take low blows at me isn't just embarrassing, it's hurtful. I feel he should be putting his family first instead of his pride." To which Barker responded, "The truth will prevail."

Source
|