Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jessica Simpson "I am my own Publicist!"



Jessica Simpson has taken over her own public relations duties after the media fallout surrounding her relationship with singer John Mayer. Simpson's father Joe fired her former publicist Rob Shuter last month, after she appeared on the cover of People proclaiming she was in love with Mayer. Simpson decided to step in and handle her own publicity and personally called all of the tabloid magazine editors to repair her damaged relationship with the press.

She tells Jane magazine, "It's been very emotional. But I am my own publicist right now. I've called all the heads of the tabloids. I don't want anyone else to speak for me now." The former Newlyweds star claims she wanted to talk to editors personally about all of the hurtful stories and try and move past her bitter feelings towards them. She adds, "It felt good to call them, but it was hard to find forgiveness. But that's one of my best qualities, I'm very forgiving." Simpson says she knows exactly who leaks information to the media when she reads the tabloid reports adding, "I know who they are, and none are my friends. "Trust me, if inside sources were my friends, the magazines would have a lot juicier info!"

Source
|