Monday, October 16, 2006

Nick Lachey drowned his divorce-pain in alcohol

While Nick Lachey denied he became an alcoholic, he admitted that he took to alcohol to numb his pain, after splitting from Jessica Simpson. The former '98 Degrees' frontman confessed to chat show host David Letterman that he tried to "drown his sorrows," when his now ex-wife told him she wanted a divorce last December.

"I definitely think you go through different phases and there's certainly a phase of, 'Oh, I don't care about anything - I'm going to throw myself into a little bit of booze and kind of numb the pain. I went through a little bit of that and came out on the other side and still have some sobriety left," he added. Lachey also revealed he blames reality show 'Newlyweds' for the breakdown of his marriage.

"It was among the dumber ideas I think I've ever seen executed in history. For a while, I think we actually enjoyed doing the show. It was just so invasive that it became a problem," he said. "It's one of those things where I think until you get enough hindsight and enough clarity and perspective, I don't think you can really know what happened, but, I certainly think it was probably a factor," he added.

Source
|