Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cameron Diaz Says She Doesn't Want to Get Married! Or Someone is Not Asking?



Cameron Diaz, who recently admitted she doesn't want the responsibility of a dog, let alone kids, says she doesn't want to marry boyfriend Justin Timberlake – because she's commitment-phobic. Ellen DeGeneres, who in September asked Timberlake, 25, about his marriage plans, put the same question to Diaz, 34, in an episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show airing Tuesday.

"When (Justin) was on the show I asked him if you were going to get married," DeGeneres says.

"I saw that," Diaz responds. "You know the answer to that, Ellen. I'm a commitment-phobe. Don't want to do it."

"I know," DeGeneres says, "but it's been almost four years now."

"Well, we're kind of like married, isn't it?" counters Diaz.

"Yeah, kind of," DeGeneres says, "without the tax benefits."

The host then wonders why Diaz – who stars in the new movie The Holiday with Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black – goes for the bridal bouquet at weddings. "The tradition at a wedding (is) if you catch the bouquet you're the next to get married, and people fight like crazy to catch it," she says. "Why do you fight? Because … you do."

"I don't fight, no, no," Diaz insists. "It's not about fighting. It's about being in the right position. The right place at the right time. Ever heard of that, ladies? It's like a sport to me. I don't care. I don't want to get married. I just want to catch the bouquet, because I have a collection of bouquets. I don't have them still, but they're kind of in my ego catalog: 12 bouquets."

In September, DeGeneres asked Timberlake about engagement rumors, joking, "I need to know, should I get a bridesmaid dress now or not?"

Timberlake quipped, "Know what? Go ahead and reserve one. The only thing is, you'll have to stay the same size for the next 15 years."

Source
|