Friday, November 10, 2006

Shanna Moakler: I Wanted My Marriage to Work



Shanna Moakler is baring all for the first time about her shattered marriage to rocker Travis Barker. “I really believe in my heart that I did everything that I possibly could have done,” Shanna said. “I think it was all done on purpose, and you won. You absolutely devastated me,” she admitted. “It was really painful.” Shanna confided that her 2-year marriage to the Blink 182 drummer began to sour during the making of their MTV reality series, “Meet the Barkers.” She said the ever-present cameras took a toll on their relationship. “We wouldn’t have had certain problems if we didn’t have that reality TV show,” Shanna firmly stated. The couple filed for divorce just as Shanna began competing on “Dancing with the Stars,” and Travis started seeing party-girl Paris. “For him to go with her was probably a very vindictive, spiteful thing to do,” the beauty queen confessed.



Shanna admitted that she confronted Travis about romanticizing Paris, but he denied it. That is, until he was actually caught kissing her in a New York City nightclub by cameras. “And then I saw the pictures, and I felt like a fool,” Shanna admitted. 
Moakler said the night club kiss was a double whammy because Paris had also gone out with her former flame, boxing golden boy Oscar de la Hoya, after they split. “For her to do it not once, but twice to me, was also, I think, in the poorest of taste,” she said. An embattled Shanna was so angry that when she came toe-to-toe with Paris at Hyde nightclub in Hollywood, they burst into a wild catfight that resulted in both women filing police reports alleging each had hit the other.


For the first time, Shanna set the record straight about that fateful night. “I just had words with her, that’s it,” she insisted. “I absolutely had words with her, and I think any woman has that right to be like, 'It’s not cool. What you’re doing is not cool."



Shanna also shared this little secret with us! “I am dating; I’ve met someone, and he’s your average guy,” she gushed. 
But for now, it’s all about living in the moment. Just last weekend, Shanna celebrated her newfound freedom with her very own divorce party in Las Vegas. “I’ve already sat home and cried a hundred years,” she said. “I wanted to go out with my girlfriends and have a wonderful time.”

Source
|