Friday, December 08, 2006

Dolly Parton to Jessica Simpson: No Hard Feelings!



Dolly Parton has no hard feelings toward Jessica Simpson, who flubbed the lines to the country singer's song "9 to 5" during the Kennedy Center Honors on Sunday. "Jessica is so talented that I'm sure that someday they will be paying tribute to her and I would be honored to perform for her," Parton said in a statement to Inside Edition on Thursday. "But I'll probably be so nervous that I'll forget my wig!"

On Sunday, Simpson was paying tribute to Parton by singing her famous song before a packed audience, which included President Bush and the First Lady, when she botched the lines and then fled the stage in tears. "Dolly you make me so nervous. I can't even sing the words right," Simpson said at the time.

Later, Simpson's rep, Cindi Berger, said the singer was "overcome with emotion" during her performance. "She wanted the song to be perfect and she was upset with herself when it wasn't," Berger told USA Today. Simpson re-taped her rendition of "9 to 5" for the televised version of the Kennedy Center Honors. Also being celebrated at the event were Steven Spielberg, Smokey Robinson, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Zubin Mehta.

Source
|