Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ashlee Simpson Calls Plastic Surgery a 'Personal Choice'



Ashlee Simpson has long fielded gossip that her dramatic new look is the result of plastic surgery (sources tell PEOPLE she had a nose job last April), but she doesn't care, she says in a new interview. "I don't get bothered by people saying what they say," the singer, 22, tells Harper's Bazaar in its May issue. "I'm a happy person, and I'm happy with my looks."
br /> And while she doesn't talk specifically about how she's changed her appearance, she emphasizes that any little fixes were not acts of self-loathing. "I loved how I looked," she says. "I'm not an insecure person, nor was I before." Going under the knife, she says, is "a personal choice. I believe if somebody chooses to do plastic surgery, it [should be] for yourself, not for anyone else."

She also knows not to worry about what other people think of her looks. "Everybody always has an opinion," she says. "One minute they'll love you; one minute they'll hate you. When you go home to sleep at night, [the important thing] is to feel good about yourself. And I do."

What about critics who says she's trying to look like big sister Jessica? "Of course I look like her. She's my sister," she says with a laugh. "It's like, God, please! We think it's quite funny."

Source
|