Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Is Nicole Richie Anorexic?



Socialite turned reality star Nicole Richie has been the center of eating disorder rumors, which she now addresses in the upcoming issue of Vanity Fair, on stands this week.

"I know I'm too thin right now, so I wouldn't want any young girl looking at me and saying, 'That's what I want to look like,'" she tells the sleek mag. "I do know that they will, which is another reason I really do need to do something about it. I'm not happy with the way I look right now." The 24-year-old tells Vanity Fair she doesn't know what the scale reads, but it's less than when she first co-starred on "The Simple Life." Nicole blames the drastic drop on stress -- including last winter's breakup with former fiancé DJ AM.

"She dealt with that by not eating and her weight went down, which she couldn't afford at that point," says Vanity Fair's Leslie Bennetts. Nicole's headline-making weight set off a feeding frenzy in the media and she's now working with a doctor, a psychiatrist, a nutritionist and a trainer and says she gets weighed once a week. Nicole, who tells Vanity Fair she doesn't believe she's anorexic, isn't keeping anything secret, even asking her team to go against patient confidentiality and talk about her struggle to gain weight. One of her doctors told Vanity Fair, "If it's not anorexia, she should be able to gain the weight," he said. "If it ends up being anorexia, we'll help her with that." Nicole says the scale is slowly creeping upward. "I have gained weight since I was my thinnest," she tells the magazine.

Source: www.etonline.com
|