Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Denise Richards Won't Talk About Locklear Rift

Denise Richards insists she'll never discuss what drove a wedge between her and former pal Heather Locklear because she doesn't want the actresses' children reading about it.

The Wild Things star insists her friendship with Locklear was over long before she started romancing the Melrose Place star's estranged husband, Richie Sambora, and she resents remarks she was a homewrecker. Writing a column in the new issue of Glamour magazine, Richards insists she knew Locklear and Sambora had split long before she started dating the rocker, and she would have ended any romance if she felt there was still a remote chance the couple would get back together.

She writes, "I knew Richie had come into my life for a reason and, at that point, my friendship with Heather had been over for a while. "I don't want to go into the details of what caused our rift. Heather and Richie have a nine-year-old daughter and I don't want her to read these personal things in the press. "I will say this: 'I did not have an affair with Richie during his marriage...' and there are two sides to every story."

Source
|